Our vision is for:
- For our high expectations to be met or surpassed in every lesson, every day
- To nurture children’s curiosity about the world around them and develop lifelong learners.
- To develop learners’ knowledge, vocabulary, skills and conceptual understanding through a curriculum that is designed to meet the needs of Werneth Primary School children.
Our mission is to fulfil a pledge to all pupils, staff and parents to:
- Provide a pioneering, progressive curriculum, consistently delivered by skilled practitioners, that develops children’s knowledge, vocabulary, skills and conceptual understanding.
- Prioritise high attainment levels for every pupil, regardless of their starting point, by putting progress at the heart of every lesson, every day.
- Broaden pupils’ vocabulary, communication skills and cultural capital so that they become confident learners and make a meaningful contribution to society.
- Empower staff to overcome the barriers to learning that a child may face.
- Treat parents as partners in our community so that they can be actively involved in their child’s learning and development.
- Educate the whole child through cultural, sporting and creative opportunities that develop the core characteristics and skills that will enable children to flourish now and in later life.
- Harness the school’s heritage as an established part of our local community- being a hub that people are proud of, engage with and actively participate in.
We fulfill our vision through our core values: