With its distinctive clock tower, Werneth Primary School began life as two schools.
The junior school opened in 1893 and the playground includes an all-weather pitch, which can be used for numerous activities. The surrounding grounds provide opportunities for children to plant and grow their own flowers and food – green fingered parents are always welcome to help!
The infant and nursery school originally opened in 1897 but was rebuilt and reopened in January 1995. The staff played a key role in designing and furnishing the building and we feel it reflects our philosophy and supports our educational practice. Since its opening, we have added a sensory room, a quiet room and covered play areas to extend our provision and meet the needs of all our children more effectively.
Following the amalgamation, we built a corridor to link the two buildings, along with a joint staff room and office spaces. We have also added a nurture room which is used for children who need a quiet space and a medical room and we also have use of a recently refurbished art, design and technology room.
Our building has been modified and includes wheelchair access to the main school areas. A lift is available in the infant school to provide access to all floors. Additional reasonable adaptations are made when necessary to meet the needs of all who use the school.