At Werneth Primary School we are passionate about providing a high-quality education that develops learners’ knowledge, skills, vocabulary and conceptual understanding across the curriculum. Do you share this passion, and do you also have the dedication, commitment, creativity and expertise that we are looking for to turn this passion in to reality?
Werneth Primary School is a large, two-form entry Primary School that serves a diverse community in Oldham.
Our vision is for:
- Expectations to be surpassed in every lesson, every day
- To develop intrinsic curiosity that builds a love of learning
- Pupils to have a greater understanding of the world and to broaden horizons
Our mission is to fulfil a pledge to all pupils, staff and parents to:
- Provide a pioneering, progressive curriculum, consistently delivered by skilled practitioners, that underpins children’s knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding.
- Prioritise high attainment levels for every pupil, regardless of their starting point, by putting accelerated progress at the heart of every lesson, every day.
- Broaden pupils’ vocabulary, communication skills and cultural capital so they can engage with and make a meaningful contribution to society.
- Empower staff to overcome any barriers to learning that a child may face.
- Treat parents as partners in our community so that they can be actively involved in their child’s learning and development.
- Educate the whole child through sporting, cultural and creative opportunities that encourage core characteristics and skills which will allow them to flourish now and in later life.
- Harness the school’s heritage as an established part of our local community to be a hub that people are proud of and actively participate in.
In addition, we are proudly part of The Pinnacle Learning Trust, in which we seek to grow through a collaborative approach that empowers educators to educate.
If you would like to be part of our team, then please check out our vacancies and contact us to discuss all you can offer to our school.